Saturday, August 2, 2014

11 Weeks Out!! Food Struggles Are Getting REAL!


11 Weeks OUT as of 8/2 (this past Saturday)!!! Eeks... it's getting REAL!

So my trainings been going good... The physical part for me is the easiest. Anybody into fitness can tell you that nutrition is where the work comes in. And it's ALL MENTAL! This week my diet changes were the following:

- PEANUT BUTTER WAS TAKEN OUT!!! Ahhhh... and I LOVE Peanut Butter!

- Egg whites for breakfast and egg whites right before bed!

- Chicken twice a day and Fish twice a day

- No FRUIT carbs! Eeks... bust out the coffee for sure! Oh and I drink my coffee black so it's all good because it's an antioxidant!

Needless to share, there isn't much exciting stuff going on in my meal plan but you know what, if you have goals you wanna reach, you'll do whatever it takes to get there! And I know in less than 11 weeks when I'm walking on stage, I want to know that I gave it my all!

So I did come up with a couple of recipes to help make my meals a little bit more indulgent! I'm used to having shakes for breakfast so the sweet tooth has always stuck with me. But Shakeology has been my secret to helping me with cravings. I thought to myself, what the heck am I going to do without it?!!! I'm going to eat everything in site! Well, my coach gave me the nod yes that I am allowed to use unsweetened cocoa powder to sweeten up my egg whites. I thought to myself, chocolate egg whites?! Now that just sounds gross lol. But first of all, cocoa has numerous health benefits! Low calories and low in fat and also provides you with some fiber. Gives you some iron and magnesium for your daily needs as well. It also boosts serotonin levels to boost up your natural happiness to boost your levels. Cocoa also has antioxidants as well to help fight cancer, heart disease and aging! I had no clue! Also what grossed me out was thinking about mixing it with egg whites lol. I had to look up for myself that the liquid egg whites were safe to drink without cooking it. And you know what, it is! It's comes all pasteurized and it's been tested against salmonella... and I've been fine all week. So here's what I tried out for breakfast!! 



Chocolate Protein Oatmeal:
5 Egg Whites
30g Oats
2 TBSP Flaxseed Meal
2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Stevia optional to sweeten, i use a couple of packets!

DIRECTIONS: Heat in the microwave to desired consistency. Less time for more liquid consistency. More time for thicker consistency. My advice is to heat it 15 seconds at a time because the egg whites can cook pretty fast! I know, I failed a couple of times! But I like mine around 1 minute. And VOILA! Delicious! Tastes like dessert oatmeal and gets my sweet tooth in the morning!


Chocolate Protein Pancakes:
5 Egg Whites
30g Oats
2 TBSP Flaxseed Meal
2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Stevia optional to sweeten, I use a couple of packets!

DIRECTIONS:
Heat skillet on medium-high heat.
Pour egg white oatmeal batter to the size of pancakes preferred. Flip and enjoy!

My thinking for this week, you gotta make the best of your situation. I was given a meal plan by my coach, I didn't whine and complain. I didn't sulk around. I chose to do this competition. I knew going into this that this was going to be a challenge for me! I wanted to test my discipline and see how far I can push myself mentally! I want to prove to everyone that I can do this. And I also just want to prove to myself that I can do this. Yes it's a struggle because I do LOVE food, but this is my challenge and I'm competing with myself for me!

Stay tuned next Friday for my next progress photos!! I'm hoping my coach is proud of my progress. She was impressed with how my progress has been going so far and I don't want to let her down!

Just wanna give a special shoutout to my husband for helping me get through some of my cravings and also helping with the meal prepping department!! He's a huge supporter for me and I couldn't have asked for anybody better to go through this with me! Thanks hubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment