Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day 2 out of 3 of the 3 DAY REFRESH!

DAY 2!!!

So the day started off with my weighing myself to see if anything happened and I went from 107.4 to 105.8lbs! That's a lot for someone my size! So knowing that I didn't starve myself or deprive myself of any food, I knew these results were pretty good!


 


I woke up actually feeling pretty good! The only thing that bothered me yesterday was feeling a bit bloated and gas cramps lol. So today I still feel a little bit bloated but not as bad as yesterday.

So same game plan for today, except that me and Ryan have to head to the grocery store because we wanted to change up our dinner plans. Sounded like a good idea at the time, but being in a grocery store and exposing us to foods that looked and smelled good, BAD IDEA haha!!

Upon waking, started off drinking around 10oz of water. This step is very important according to the program guide because it gets your system going basically. 

TIP 
Little side note about water too, every time you drink cold water, it raises your metabolism as high as 30% each time! WIN! Why not drink water and increase your metabolism and make you a fat burning machine! and plus, it really does help you to wake up a little bit as well.

Breakfast
Had the same Vegan Chocolate Shakeology in water blended with half a frozen banana. It's so yummy and really does keep me satiated. I kept with the same recipe, but if you are doing this, you can change your fruit option and use any of the options they give you in the program in case you don't like it to stay the same. This program is great in giving you a variety so that you don't get bored.

Mid-morning Snack
Fiber Sweep for the day!! This went a lot better because I drank it right away after mixing. So definitely less clumpy and not as thick! I choose to do mix mine in 8oz of water because i want less liquids in mine, but if the taste bothers you, go ahead and add more liquid to dull down the taste or if you want a thinner consistency. 

TIP
Key here is to DRINK IT PROMPTLY AFTER MIXING!!

Here's a video of Ryan drinking his fiber sweep for the day!


Lunch
Lunch consisted of the Vanilla Fresh (protein drink), 1 option from the fruit list, 1 option from the vegetable list, and 1 option from the healthy list!

I stuck with the same from yesterday. And today, maybe because I'm cleansing my body and getting my tastebuds back in order, but everything tasted SO GOOD today :-) I did something different and added some more flavor in my vanilla fresh just to try it out. I added some ground cinnamon and added almond extract (all are approved in the 3 day refresh list, no worries!). It did give it great flavor!


So here's what my lunch consisted of:
- Vanilla Fresh Protein Drink
- Half a medium apple (1 Fruit Option)
- 6 baby carrots (1 Vegetable Option)
- 2 TBSP Hummus (1 Healthy Fat Option)

After lunch is when we decided to go grocery shopping because lunch from yesterday was pretty filling so we figured we'd be good with avoiding getting hungry! WRONG lol. Everything smelled good... all the food looked good... we got hungry haha. Great thing we had each other to not give in but we went out of the grocery store successful AND without CHEATING!! but that will power was really tested while we were out! lol.

TIP:
BE PREPARED!
- Do your grocery shopping before the 3 Day Refresh starts and pick out your snacks and dinner options so that you don't feel tempted at the grocery store!


Mid-Afternoon Snack
Same snack as yesterday

- 6 Baby Carrots (1 Vegetable Option)
- 2 TBSP Hummus (1 Healthy Fat Option)

You always have the option for tea time during this time, which I did drink my herbal tea because around this time I was actually getting a little bit hungry. I didn't want my dinner too early so I've been trying to compensate by making sure that I'm drinking enough water.

TIP
Before giving in to temptations or hunger, always take some time to drink some water. Most of the time you're just thirsty and by drinking water, it keeps you full! This also gives you the time to really think about whether or not you are really hungry or are just bored. Think about good options and think about why you started! Stay busy and this should help you give in to mindless eating.




Dinner
Dinner tasted really good tonight!! We tried something new and we tried the Carrot-Seaweed Medley from the list of dinner options.

Here is the recipe for 1 serving:
1/2 tsp oil
1/4 medium onion, cut into thin slices
1/2 medium carrot, cut into matchstick sized pieces
1/4 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
2 TBSP shelled edamame
2 TBSP arame seaweed
1/4 Cup water
1 dash Himalayan salt
1 green onion, thinly sliced

1. Soak seaweed in cool water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, cook stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
3. Add carrots, bell pepper, edamame, seaweed, and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil, cook covered for 5-8 minutes.
4. Remove cover. Add salt; cook 1 minute. Add green onion and mix well.


So my dinner consisted of:
- Vanilla Fresh Protein Drink
- 1 Cup of Vegetable Broth
- Carrot-Seaweed Medley

Before bed, had some tea and went to bed! I ended the day with a little bit of a headache and I did feel more tired. I think I may have over done it with doing an Insanity workout during this Refresh. So I'm planning on taking a rest day for the 3rd and final day so that my body can do what it needs to "refresh". I've definitely been feeling much better and love that all this fresh food is tasting so good! It's nice not to feel overly full and to eat enough to just make me feel satisfied. Other than that, can't wait to get Day 3 done and see my results!


If you're interested in "REFRESHING" yourself and want to jump start some healthy habits and get rid of those annoying cravings, get your kit here!

Already have Shakeology and just want the Refresh Kit?

Want to stay accountable with me or need my advice on fitness plans or nutrition?

No comments:

Post a Comment