Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 60 Progress Pics for P90X3!!


Wow was Block 2 fun for P90X3!!

So I'm following the Mass Schedule because obviously, I didn't want to lose anymore weight. I wanted to gain some MUSCLE!! Girls, seriously don't be afraid to lift! You won't get bulky like a guy. We're not built that way. We don't have enough testosterone to do that and look like Arnold ok! Muscles will give you a great shape, some definition and wait WHAT?! It burns more calories? YUP. The more muscle you have, you continue to burn calories even when you're not working out! Ok... go LIFT NOW! :-)

Anyways... so my Mass Schedule, I had 2 upper workouts and 2 lower workouts each week. With Yoga on Wednesdays and a mixed martial arts type routine on saturdays. Sundays I always did Dynamix which is stretching with movement! VERY MUCH NEEDED :-)

My favorites were the Eccentric Uppers and Eccentric Lowers. SO, when you lift, normal you just lift it up and down, BUT with eccentric type work, you're working with the negatives! SO... makes just the regular simple moves such as a curl, that much HARDER. You're putting 40% more stress on the muscle because when its contracted, you're holding that position for 3 counts. With this type of movement, your going to get more gains and more strength. Indeed I definitely feel stronger!! It was done with everything from pull-ups, push-ups.... to squats and lunges... plyo push-ups... etc!! You name, Tony Horton elevates it and brings you to a new level of CHALLENGING!!

I do have some AWESOME victories that I've accomplished along the way. And so since we're using weights, I have to write down the pounds that I use so that I can either improve or just challenge myself to do better the next time! Since I was following the Mass Program and wanted to gain some muscle and healthy weight, I definitely wanted to lift heavy. Not too heavy where I was sacrificing my form and risking injuries. So writing them down and keeping track of them the old fashion way by pen and paper was very helpful! Whats great about Team Beachbody, they have all the forms that you need to print off any of the worksheets for any of the programs you have! AWESOME! Thank you Beachbody for making life just a little bit easier! So throughout the whole program, I've slowly been increasing my weights which I'm proud of! Everytime I get to the end of the exercise, if I'm not struggling enough, I'm increasing for the next time. It's working for my definition definitely!

So... I'm not very flexible so I knew X3 Yoga was going to be quite a challenge for me.. BUT I'm always up for the challenge! So there was this move called Ted's Chair... or what true Yogis and Yoginis know, it's known as flying crow. It took me from DAY 1 (or whenever the first day I tried X3 Yoga in the program) to get this move. GUESS WHAT?!!! I GOT IT!!!! I didn't even practice it EVERYDAY! I did it when it was on the schedule.. but I really do think the program helped me to become stronger. My core was stronger... my balance was on point.. and I was just stronger ALL AROUND!! Here is proof that I can do the move! Oh and I've gotten more flexible as well :-) Quite an accomplishment that I'm proud of! There's my kitty always supporting me haha!





So this Block for my month 2 was super fun... I definitely have gotten stronger for the past 30 days and I cannot WAIT to see what Month 3 brings for me!!! Day 90 and P90x3 GRAD here I come!!!


Here are my results!!



 I am always looking for more people to join me in my challenges as the challengers are the ones that push me and motivate me each and every day! Nobody is perfect, we all have to start somewhere. Never compare your Chapter 1 to somebody else's Chapter 21. All our goals are different and that's just the thing. We're all there to help each other get to those goals and reach the finish line. I can't even put into words the transformations I've seen a lot of people go through in these challenges. Each and every day, I'm making myself a better version of me.




So please continue to follow my journey. I'm not competing for anything, I am here to save my life and help others!



or

EMAIL ME @ macosta8684@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment