Thursday, February 13, 2014

STRONG is the new SKINNY!

What is your definition of healthy and fit?


Everybody has their own visions about what is healthy and what is fit. That's fine. Embrace it! I always get asked, "Why are you working out and exercising so much? You're already skinny!" Or "Why do you eat so healthy, you don't need to lose weight!" And I actually get offended by that. I don't see myself as skinny. I see myself as healthy and fit. I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm doing this to save my life and live a healthier life. Everybody's reason for doing it and what they need to do is different and in the end, it's why you do it that matters.

I come from a Filipino family that uses food as a way to bring people together. Filipinos are all about families. When they have a family gathering you should see what the dinner table looks like. Nobody sits at the table because the table is full of food! But that's how they are! They are more concerned with hospitality and making sure their guests are full and satisfied. I remember when I was little, the first thing my mom would ask my friend coming over is "Did you eat? Here eat something." A lot of my friends always knew they can come to my house for food!

Now when I eat my food, I get looked at like "oh she's on a diet". Well, I don't see that I'm on a diet at all. I eat clean, which is a not a diet. I just don't want to put processed foods into my system. I like knowing what I'm eating. Or I get told I eat like a bird. Well, I don't comment back because I can definitely say a lot more that's on my mind about what most of my coworkers are eating but I don't. My point is, I don't see it as a diet. I see it as a habit and a lifestyle change. And I still enjoy my food!

I am happy about where I am about my health right now. I'm not perfect in any way shape or form. There's always room for improvement. I feel stronger each and every day and there's no regrets about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment